Smoking is the number one cause of preventable disease and dealth worldwide. It can lead to disease and disability and harms nearly every organ of the body.
Smoking Cessation - Stop Program
Are you highly motivated to quit smoking? Our Family Health Team is in partnership with the Centre for Addiction and Mental Health (CAMH) in providing our patients with nicotine replacement therapy at no cost. This program provides evidence-based smoking cessation treatments, education, and self-management skills.
- STOP Program is offered to those who are highly motivated to quit smoking.
- This program is currently run by our nurses and pharmacists
- For more details or to find out if this is right for you, please speak to your healthcare provider.
Requirements: must be an enrolled patient at the FHT
Benefits of Quitting Smoking2
- Improves health status and enhanes quality of life
- Reduces the risk of premature death and can add as much as 10 years to life expectancy
- Reduces the risk for many adverse health effects, including poor reproductive health outcomes, cardiovascular diseases, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), and cancer
- Benefits people already diagnosed with coronary heart disease or COPD
- Benefits the health of pregnant women and their fetuses and babies
Peggy's Quit Story
Diane's Quit Story
Last updated on: September 28, 2022