Nutritional Services (Individual Counseling with our Dietitian)
Nutrition Services at Southlake Family Health Team are provided by a Registered Dietitian.
When should you see our Dietitian? To discuss medical nutrition therapy as it relates to:
- Digestion problems such as Celiac Disease, Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis, irritable bowel syndrome, acid reflux, diverticulitis, etc.,
- Chronic disease management such as diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol
- Food allergies or intolerances
- To discuss healthy lifestyle through healthy eating and balanced nutrition in all ages, and life stages
- Mindful eating / changing eating behaviours
The Dietitian is also involved in:
- Weight Management Program
- Cholesterol Workshop
- NutriSTEP screening for children at their 18 month, and 3-5 year check-ups.
Speak to your Doctor for information on how to get counselling with our Dietitian.