Pharmaceutical Services (Individual Counseling with our Pharmacist)
Our pharmacist works within our clinic and consults directly with your physician and other team members to ensure that your medications are the best choices for you.
Our pharmacist will meet with you individually to:
- review for medication effectiveness or potential side effects in the context of your medical chart
- reduce your medication load where possible
- help organize/schedule your medications
- help with medication accessibility
- connect with your community pharmacy when needed (e.g.. arrange compliance packaging)
- answer your questions on prescription and herbal/supplement products
Consultation on a wide range of specific medication-related concerns is also available, including: chronic pain, asthma and COPD, anticoagulation, safe medication use in seniors, children, pregnancy etc.
Our pharmacist also provides education on medications for chronic diseases in group settings (e.g.. Cholesterol Workshop)
Requirements: must be an enrolled patient at the FHT